The title of this mix is a reference to the ArcelorMittal Orbit by Anish Kapoor and Cecil Balmond. Balmond accepts the criticism of the structure commissioned for the London Olympics saying that it’s a ‘tough aesthetic’. Indeed.
There’s really nothing tough about this mix at all. I think it’s rather smashing (if I may be so bold – I’m equally upfront when I think it’s ropey, so indulge me).
The rest is the usual bubblegum of love and dancing.
- Heartbreaker – Steve Aoki Feat. Lovefoxxx
- Amour – Aron Scott feat. Lydia Scarfo
- The Veldt – Deadmau5 feat. Chris James
- Share The Love – Richard Dinsdale
- Night Air (Consoul Trainin Private Remix) – Jamie Woon
- Upcoming Legendary (Daddy Or Chips? Cheeky Extension) – Dubplate Dionysus
- Start Again (Passenger 10 Rework) – Leventina, Chris Reece feat. Deb Peyton
- Frayed Of The Light (Wehbba Remix) – X-Press 2 & Timo Garcia feat. Amber Jolene
- Silhouettes – Avicii feat. Salem Al Fakir
- Timeless (Dinka Remix) – Ben Coda & Ad Brown
- Disco (Yuksek Remix) – The Young Professionals
- Night Track (M.A.N.D.Y. Remix) – Sasha
- Back To Me (Jimpster Dub) – Manuel Tur
- Only the Horses (Calvin Harris Extended Mix) – Scissor Sisters
Listen to Daddy or Chips? presents Tough Aesthetic below and if you just *love* it, you can download it right here. AND you can subscribe to my mixes with iTunes or whatever means you use to get your podcasts.